Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thank you - Aputsiaq

On November 17th Aputsiaq was given a 'kreativ blogger award' from Anna at Me & MOI Aterlier. She was to pass it on to seven other bloggers ... and I was one. :) Thank you, Aputsiaq. I have enjoyed your blog, A Polar Bears Tale, for quite some time ... it is wonderful! I appreciate you passing this on to my new blog.



1. Russian silver and enamel case (detail), circa 1910. link
2. John Murray Thomson, R.S.A., R.S.W. Polar Bears
oil on canvas - 61 by 91.5cm. (24 by 36in)
3. Frank Wilbert Stokes (1858-1955) Curtain Aurora Borealis with a Polar Bear Bowdoin Bay Greenland
oil on canvas - 76.6 x 91.4cm. (30.1/8 x 36in.)
Exhibited New York, 1925-6, no. 10.
4. Anna Katrina Zinkeisen (1901-1976) Polar Bears, circa 1922-24
oil on canvas - 61.2 x 50.8 cm. (24 1/8 x 20 in.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, THANK YOU, Cathy...I just love your blog too!

    What stunning polar bear paintings! Beautiful!! The Stokes one with the Aurora Borealis is amazing!! THAAAAAAANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the polar bear with the Aurora Borealis was magical, too!
    Like your blog!
    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought you should know that I am the current owner/custodian of the Stokes Polar Bear with Aurora curtain painting. I bought it at auction in London a few years ago. I love it and I love the fact that he painted it in his studio in Greenland on one of Peary's expeditions. My name is Cathy too.

    ReplyDelete